VC Backend editor disables side-bar and changes width of comment section

This support request was posted in Smart by eBro

Request ID #32683 In Progress
  • Hi,
    I have purchased your theme recently and it’s great so far.
    Unfortunatelly I have one problem with my posts. Whenever I want to change or add something in post by using backend editor from Visual Composer it will completely change design of post as like: comment section is not boxed as whole post, side bar is hidden or not showing up at all (even it is set up to)… No idea why is this happening but it’s happening just by using Visual Composer, not classic mode. Thanks for your help.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for writing. I hope you are doing well. Thank you for your purchase.

Yes, the thing is that when the Visual Composer is used to edit a post, then the Smart Settings do not take place.

Would you like to send me a link so I can check the comment section? Perhaps I can send you a CSS code to make that boxed.

Best,
    Juan.

sure link is right here, so basically its better to not use it at all for posts?
    http://binariq.sk/nehehe/
    this post is just an example
    Thank you for your quick respond

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Yes, basically the idea is that you can choose either to use posts with visual composer or without it.

If you use visual composer and you want to keep the other parts boxed, you can use the following CSS:

.entry-footer {
        max-width: 1080px;
        margin: 0 auto;
        padding: 30px 0 !important;
    }

.comments-area {
        max-width: 1080px;
    }

Best,
    Juan.

That’s awesome, thank you very much, it fixed comment section and all footer area but I still can’t see sidebar, is there any way to fix that aswell? Thanks again for your help.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Unfortunately at this moment is not possible to include the sidebar if the post is edited with visual composer.

Best,
    Juan.

Thanks again for your help.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Thank you for writing.

We’ll be reviewing this issue in order to see if we can improve this.

Have a nice day,
    Juan.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server