Visual composer [Smart]

This support request was posted in Smart by annarella

Request ID #31678 Resolved
  • Hi, I bought the license of Visual Composer and then bought the theme Smart for my new blog.
    Now the plugin “Visual composer” that is included in the theme Smart is different.
    Can I exclude Visual composer from Smart Theme and restore License complete?
    Thank you
    Anna

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Anna,

Thank you for writing.

There’s no need to buy a license of Visual Composer because it is already included in Smart.

With regards to the implementation, yes, we have a developed a custom implementation in which we have developed our own elements for site creation. Unfortunately, these cannot be overridden by the ones that come in the default version of Visual Composer.

The difference between our elements and the ones that come with Visual Composer is that we have worked to the detail to include the necessary elements, extending their flexibility in order to obtain perfect designs. Is there any particular reason why you want to use the default Visual Composer elements?

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan, thank you for your reply. When I purchased Visual Composer, Smart Theme was not yet created, I used another theme and I worked by creating various grids.
    When I installed the Smart Theme all the works created with Visual Composer disappeared. Smart Theme Visual Composer elements are missing all the grids!
    Post Grid
    Masonry Post Grid
    Media Grid
    Masonry Media Grid
    All I used on my blog.

How can I fix it?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Anna,

Thank you for the follow-up.

We’re currently working and checking how to include the elements you’re asking for.

In the meantime, would you please tell me what theme were you using before? Smart comes with special elements even for rows and columns (main elements of VC). Do you have something I can check online? (You can send me a URL and access details via private reply if you like)

Best,
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your patience.

We’ve been working on a solution so you can use the elements you want from the original VC implementation. In order to have that you need to do the following

1. Download the file remove-components.phphttps://cloudup.com/cDcih_-tX1b
    2. Replace the file on your site /smart/includes/plugin-integrations/visual-composer/components/remove-components.php with the one I’ve sent you and you downloaded on step #1
    3. Include the following PHP function in your theme functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/juanfra/ff2c2cf945f16eb9620ed85f0f243a59

You can learn how to include PHP code in your theme’s functions.php file by reading the following article: https://nicethemes.com/article/how-to-customize-a-theme/

Please have in mind that this steps will bring you back the elements you mentioned before. We have our own implementation of the main elements of VC and the elements you want to use may not look like they looked on your other website.

Please let me know if you need further assistance with this and how did it go. I’ll be more than happy to help you.

Best,
    Juan.

Thank you Juan!

I have recovered all the work.

I must confess that using smart and having fewer visual composer functions now work fine. The necessary functions are perfect for every choice and I have almost finished creating my website. Thanks, I love the smart theme!

Cheers!

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the follow-up and many thanks for the kind words.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best,
    Juan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server