WordPress bakery update not comparable with theme and caused fatal error

This support request was posted in Smart by Russell

Request ID #40820 In Progress
  • Hi there, the wordpress bakery update caused a massive error on my site, had to revert to restoring my back up (in progress). details are:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function get_editable_roles() in /home/romanti5/romanticgestures.co.nz/wp-content/themes/smart/includes/plugin-integrations/visual-composer/init.php:93 Stack trace: #0 /home/romanti5/romanticgestures.co.nz/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): nice_vc_add_post_types_maybe(”) #1 /home/romanti5/romanticgestures.co.nz/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /home/romanti5/romanticgestures.co.nz/wp-includes/plugin.php(484): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/romanti5/romanticgestures.co.nz/wp-settings.php(557): do_action(‘init’) #4 /home/romanti5/romanticgestures.co.nz/wp-config.php(101): require_once(‘/home/romanti5/…’) #5 /home/romanti5/romanticgestures.co.nz/wp-load.php(37): require_once(‘/home/romanti5/…’) #6 /home/romanti5/romanticgestures.co.nz/wp-admin/admin.php(34): require_once(‘/home/romanti5/…’) #7 /home/romanti5/romanticgestures.co.nz/wp-admin/index.php(10): require_once(‘/home/romanti5/…’) #8 {main} thrown in /home/romanti5/romanticgestures.co.nz/wp-content/themes/smart/includes/plugin-integrations/visual-composer/init.php on line 93

something for you to be aware of. please advise when your theme is compatable as I may have to consider another theme if this issue is not resolved.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I hope you’re doing well and I’m sorry to hear that.

Would you please share the version of the theme and visual composer that you’re using?

Best,
    Juan.

Smart 1.1 and the composure is WP Bakery

This reply has been marked as private.

Any traction on this issue?

Hi Rusell,

Thank you for the follow up.

To which version of Visual Composer were you trying to update? I’ve been testing Smart with the latest version of WPBakery visual builder and it is working well.

Best,
    Juan.

composure is WPBakery Page Builder Version 5.6

Hi Russell,

Thank you for the follow-up.

The latest version of WPBakery Page Builder is 6.5.0 – Can you please try updating to that version?

Please remember we always recommend not updating directly to the production site, but doing it in a staging environment instead.

You should be able to download the latest version on your admin, or if that’s not possible by following this link.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi juan, this update is really not going well with your theme. Critical Error

it seems that the JS composure did work and looks nice on the front end but it caused a critical error where it wont let me access the WP back-end.

Unfortunately I have to run a complete restore on my back up again. seems like a theme issue.

Hello Russell,

Where are you getting the theme from? Can you please point me to where are you getting the theme so I can try with that one? I can’t replicate it.

As I mentioned I’m using the latest visual composer + latest Smart theme.

Best,
    Juan.

the theme was purchased in https://themeforest.net/item/smart-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/17333318

I installed the theme a few years ago.

you have the back end details.

This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server