zip missing style.css

This support request was posted in BBQ by lpiorkowski

Request ID #254 Resolved
  • Having an install issue:

Error message:
    Unpacking the package… Installing the theme… The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet. Theme install failed.

Tested Zip file (themeforest – 5d8060be-6e38-4cfa-85ce-28302911f0ea)

i download 2 times – checked un-zip on my computer and only fancebox under css dir.
    please fix thanks liza – cancun

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for writing. The zip file you got by buying the item on themeforest contains 4 folders inside: bbq, documentation, licensing & psd. Themeforest ask us to have it that way. The theme files are inside the folder bbq.

I’ve set your nicethemes.com account as a BBQ theme buyer so you can download the version directly from our site.

Thank you,
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Lisa,

I forgot to mention, the version we have in this site is the theme files directly compressed in the zip file.

You can either compress the “bbq” folder inside the themforest package into a zip file and install it through the wordpress installer, or upload through FTP the folder I’ve mentioned before into your site’s /wp-content/themes/

Let me know if I can help you with this.

Thank you,
    Juan.

that did it…
    Sorry i’t been a while since i used WP….been doing all my websites with HTML now HTML5 the last few years… but have to redo my husbands very old website CancunChef.com and this theme really caught my eye… now you said i could do the rest in 5 Minutes!

thanks for the support on a Sunday
    liza

Juanfra Aldasoro

Thanks for your kind words about our theme. I’m happy your problem has been solved 🙂

No problem Liza, have a great day.

Juan.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server