visual composer layout issues after latest v1.1 version theme update

This support request was posted in Smart by 12345

Request ID #36401 Resolved
  • Hi,

I just uploaded the latest version 1.1 of Smart on my site. It appears to have messed up the formatting of my site content, which is made with the built in visual composer / page builder plugin.

For example, the a row on a page used 1/2 + 1/2 formatting and was spaced normally.

Now the content is squeezed into what looks like 1/4 columns.

Can you please investigate ASAP?

I have checked other plugins — there is no conflict. The issue immediately began after the latest theme update.
    I reuploaded all files via ftp and no luck. I cleared caches and nothing.

Please help!!!

Formatting is completely messed up on mobile! Everything just shows white. I have screenshots of all before and after on desktop and mobile views that I can email directly. I’m not putting it on a forum

Please check your v1.1 release. Their is something wrong with it. I had to roll back to v1.0.3 because the site I’m working on is live and I can’t leave it looking poorly.

You can replicate the issue easily just by loading your theme and page builder. Try to set a row to 1/2 + 1/2 and add content. You’ll see.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thank you for writing. I hope you are doing well.

Would you please send me an URL of a page where this has happened so I can take a look?

Thank you,
    Juan.

I had to remove v.1.1 from the site, so no I don’t have a live site example.

I do have screen shot images though. How can I send these to you?

I see another user complaining today that his images on mobile are gone after the upgrade to v1.1, which also something I experienced.

Please take a look.

It looks like there is a new update on themeforest. Where is the changelog for your updates?

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Yes, you can upload them to an image hosting like Dropbox and send the link. We have responded to the ticket you mentioned and we’re looking into both problems.

The new update has to do only with a framework update because WooCommerce was giving a conflict with a library our themes use to handle the customizer.

You can find Smart changelog here: http://updates.nicethemes.com/themes/smart/changelog.txt or by going to “Support & Updates > Theme Changelog” in the “Changelog & System Status” box, in your website admin.

Best,
    Juan.

Hi Juan,

Thanks for this info. It helps a lot.

The screenshots are here:
    NORMAL:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UKNC-b0q5iDlllHp37AxFijGANi6e4L2
    ERROR:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Bqf6ple_WsI7THmK4_U-Wku2Qen79QRL
    NORMAL:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vhm-yHAXJDi53_nuxg9mR0KxDxJ4OJho
    ERROR:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1opP1cGuW0pLJ9ITWq3q8APfqnVvfkoZK

The website is not using any conflicting plugins.
    The issue started only after uploading the new v1.1 file.

Please check it out.

Thanks.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up and sharing your images with us. We’ll be taking a look at this.

One question I’d like to ask you if is you are using any cache plugin, where maybe the old copy of the stylesheet was used when seeing the new version of the site?

Do you make changes directly on your production site or you have a development environment?

Thanks,
    Juan.

This reply has been marked as private.
    Juanfra Aldasoro

Thank you for the information.

One last thing I’d like to ask you, if possible.

Would you please copy the page/post content of the page/post you are having trouble with into a text file and send it over so we can try it out in our development environment?

Thank you,
    Juan.

Juanfra Aldasoro

Hi,

Thanks for the follow-up.

We’ll need the website access details in order to check the content of that pages. The ones you’ve shared when creating the topic aren’t working. You can send them in a private reply.

We’ve tried to reproduce the same layout in our development environment with 1.1 and there were no layout problems, that’s why we insisted that there must be a cache or minification plugin that may be using the previous styles (1.0.3)

Thanks,
    Juan.

Hi,
    Will you be able to come back to me on this today?
    Still waiting for feedback to solve this.
    Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic is marked as resolved

Only the topic author can re-open this thread.

Login to your Account

Welcome back! Please log in to your account by filling the fields below:

Forgot?

Not a member? Create a free account.

Create a Free Account

You're 27 seconds away from some awesome WordPress free stuff, benefits and more. Create a free account and have access to our free products, benefits and more!

Already have an account? Log in
Secure Server